Thursday, November 10, 2016

#poweredByindieTiming is everything

I love Chris De Burgh singing that song 'Timing is everything' and when you think about it he has a point.  Maybe for writers and artists more than anyone else timing can make or break your career -  or for writers lessen  your chances of having your book published - and is the reason why Chris sings that song with such feeling. Of course the song is all about the power of love but so are many of the books we write or the lives we portray.  In Thomas Hardy's 'Tess of the D'Urbervilles' it was timing in every case that led poor Tess to her sorrowful ending at Stonehenge. If only she had met Angel Clare before the wretched Alec had  taken her innocence and made her pregnant, if only the priggish Angel had had time to mature a bit before falling in love with Tess or that they had both lived in a more enlightened age - one in which Angel did not blindly believe in double standards, one more lenient for men and less so for women.

But Hardy wrote about the age he lived in with all its hypocrisy and pitiful human failings. He wrote about what he knew and he wrote it honestly, tragically,even poetically.  It's what he did best.

So here now is one writer becoming obsessed with time, desperately hoping to choose the right day to begin the  Amazon KDP Selection Program having received confirmation that copies of my ebook 'Like One of the Family' have been successfully removed from all selling outlets other than Amazon -  and my enrollment completed. So far so good.

Shortly I will be starting off my 90 day Amazon exclusivity with five days of giving away free copies of  my book to anyone who wants to download and read it. All I want  in return is that they like the book and have an enjoyable time reading it.  Well, maybe I want a little more if I am being honest. I would be pleased no, absolutely delighted if they felt moved to write a review of my book and maybe even get a discussion going of who it was who did what and why they did it and what happened then. How great that would be!

 In the meantime I am spending time consulting the stars, pondering on my horoscope and pulling petals off flowers while murmuring this week, next week. Perish the thought. Only kidding!.

But undoubtedly the timing of this venture is crucial if readers are to know about this big beautiful book coming their way for free.  Anyway I will soon have to name the day and get busy drumming up a bit of advance publicity. All I can tell you now is that you will know very, very soon,

That's a promise!.

No comments:

Post a Comment