Tuesday, December 3, 2013

All about EBooks!

A few months ago, learning of the great advantages of going global with my published novels and short stories, I decided to get help having them converted to Ebooks. A writer friend gave me the name of EBookPartnership  and when I emailed them they promptly replied, giving me all the information needed to get me going. This brilliant team, headed by Matt and Diana Horner,offered me a good package - it consisted of formatting my books, designing the covers, providing ISBNs and taking care of general distribution. They also gave me a discount for multiple titles. So within a couple of months I had three titles - my first novel and two collections of short stories- available on Amazon, Kobo, Barnes and Noble (the Nook)and several other popular outlets. When I decided to go ahead with my second novel and submitted it to Matt for formatting, along with the completed forms listing my ideas for the book cover and other relevant publicity information, he sent me the new book cover three days later! Wow! And this cover, like the other three book covers, is really lovely. I'm so pleased with it and will be showing it in my blog very soon. Hopefully, 'Like One Of The Family' will be online, if not before Christmas, very soon afterwards. In the meantime I'm getting used to using Facebook, twitter, Goodreads and Linkedin to make my books known. It's all a bit of a learning curve but thanks to eBookPartnership.com all of the angst was taken out of the conversion process and I haven't had so much fun in years. It has been an enjoyable and satisfying experience. While I am so pleased with Ebook publication I am still very much in favour of traditional publishing and my new airline novel 'Holding Pattern' (sequel to Up Up and Away) is going through the usual channels at present, hopefully will be in print very soon. I have to say though, there is something irresistible about being able to read your work on screen and to have the facility to make it available to readers world-wide. To change is to grow and to change often is to become perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment